The parish bulletin is posted each week, including a weekly message by our Pastor. This is a wonderful resource for the latest news and announcements and events in the parish and our local faith community.
Holy Cross Parish – COVID 19 UPDATE
Attached is a letter from your pastor, Fr. John McKenzie:
Here is a COVID 19 Quick Fact Sheet for your reference: COVID 19 Quick Fact Sheet
***All Masses have been postponed until further notice.***
For more information, click on the link from the Archdiocese of St. Boniface, to read the updates regarding the protocol for COVID 19.
New Adoration Chapel Policy-COVID 19
For the safety and protection of our Adorers, we are ONLY PERMITTING 4 PEOPLE IN THE CHAPEL AT A TIME.
If upon arrival there are 4 Adorers, come back at another time or wait outside in your car until someone leaves before entering.
Those who have an assigned time slot are encouraged to continue to attend. If there are already 4 Adorers, please wait until someone leaves.
Wash your hands before entering the Chapel and before you leave the Chapel.
These are challenging times and we ask for your cooperation in keeping our Chapel open during the crisis.
New Parishioner Registration Form
If you would like to become a registered parishioner at Holy Cross Parish, simply download the registration form (HCP Parish Registration Form) and return it to the parish office (252 Dubuc Street) via in person (drop the form in the mailbox) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parish Financials – COVID 19
There are ways to continue to support the parish during this crisis:
- Direct Deposit
If you are currently not signed up and you would like to give your donations through this program, you can visit our website at holycrossparish.ca, download a direct deposit form (Direct Deposit Form), and mail the form to us by regular mail or email it at email@example.com. You can also contact us at 204-233-7367 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have a void cheque, please provide your bank account number, branch number and transit number.
- INTERAC e-Transfer
Email donations to email@example.com. There is no fee to you or Holy Cross Parish for this service. Send an email to the same address (firstname.lastname@example.org) that includes:
- The answer to your security question.
- Where you would like your donation designated (i.e. regular donation, food depot, capital building fund, etc.).
- Be sure to include your full name and address for charitable tax receipts over $20.00.
- Mail your Offerings and donations (cheques only) payable to Holy Cross Parish. Post-dated cheques are accepted.
- Drop off your Offerings and donations in our mailbox. (Please call the office at 204-233-7367 or ring the doorbell before leaving the envelope in the mailbox).
- Give online at holycrossparish.ca Click on the “Give Online” tab, go under “Donation Methods” and “Online”.
- If you do not want to use PayPal and wish to use your credit card, then click on the link: https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=E342967QE&id=10 and you can donate to Holy Cross Parish on the Archdiocese of St. Boniface website.
- If you are visiting the Adoration Chapel, you can also drop in your offerings and donations in the box provided.
The following events at Holy Cross Parish which involve large gatherings are POSTPONED until further notice due to the COVID 19 situation:
- 1st Friday, 1st Saturday & 3rd Friday Devotion
- Children’s Atrium
- Baptism Preparation Session
- Family Stations of the Cross/Family Adoration
- Friends of the Holy Eucharist Gathering & Mass
- Lenten Penitential Service
- Medjugorje Prayer Group
- Men’s Group
- Novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- Potluck After the 12pm Mass
- Sacramental Prep Class
- St. Catherine’s Academy Homeschooling Group
- Stations of the Cross
- Youth Group
- CWL Soup & Sandwich Sunday (March 22)
- CWL Meeting (March 29)
The Parish Office will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
Due to COVID 19, Holy Cross Parish Office is CLOSED to the public.
However, there will be someone in the office from Monday to Friday 8:30am to 12pm.
If you require any services call 204-233-7367 or email email@example.com.
We will arrange these services by phone, email or regular mail.
Posted: 03/20/20 9:02 AM
Food Bank – COVID 19
The Food Bank protocol on Wednesdays at Holy Cross Parish, will be changed to minimize risk to the patrons and volunteers.
Please do not arrive at the doors before 9:00 a.m.
Expect some delays.
Posted: 03/17/20 10:01 AM
Kitchen/Hall Renovation Update
Thanks to the hard-working fundraisers and your generous donations towards our Kitchen/Hall Renovation Project, we have now raised $220,105!!! Holy Cross Parish has hired the services of an architect firm and they have begun the work to get this project off the ground. The total estimated cost to replace/remodel the kitchen, hall, washrooms, storage areas and back entrance is $550,000. These past two weeks Holy Cross Parish has applied for grants totaling $250,000. We are also in the process of applying for grants from 3 other organizations. We realize this has been a long and sometimes frustrating process; however, we are grateful to be seeing some light at the end of the tunnel! We sincerely hope to begin this project by June 2020. Thank you for your continued patience!
Posted: 11/22/19 8:57 AM
Holy Cross Parish 2018 AGM
Posted: 06/3/19 9:24 AM
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
Photos taken at the introductory presentation of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd held on Saturday, September 8, 2018 at Holy Cross Parish
Posted: 10/14/18 10:16 AM
Photos from the sacrament confirmation held at St. Boniface Cathedral-Basilica on May 20 & 23, 2018
Posted: 06/19/18 8:55 PM
Corpus Christi Procession
Photos from our parish Corpus Christi procession | Sunday, June 3rd, 2018
Posted: 06/19/18 8:36 PM
Holy Cross Parish 2017 Annual General Meeting
Posted: 05/4/18 7:40 AM
Holy Cross Parish is thrilled to be the recipient of a grant in memory of Father Martin Bradbury, from The Adrian & Maylene Cancilla Foundation in the amount of $50,000 towards the Kitchen and Basement Renovation Fund. Holy Cross Parish is so profoundly grateful to the Cancilla family for their kind generosity!
Posted: 12/21/17 10:23 AM
Parish Feast Day
Sunday, September 17th | To celebrate our parish feast day we held a short procession of the cross followed by a parish-wide potluck dinner.
Posted: 09/19/17 8:48 PM
Any announcements you wish to submit for the bulletin must be ready for publication. Please submit your announcements prior to the event for consideration.
Contact us with particulars of which dates you would like the announcement to appear, by:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Fax: (204) 233-5355; or
- Drop it off in person at the Parish Office (252 Dubuc Street)
All announcements are subject to approval by our Pastor.