Due to the recent surge of COVID-19 cases, the provincial government has extended its Code Red Alert for all of Manitoba from June 12, 2021 to June 26, 2021, but with a slight loosening of some restrictions.
Therefore, the Archdiocese of Saint Boniface is issuing the following clarifications, having obtained updated information from the official government liaison to communities of faith during the COVID-19 pandemic, in coordination with the Archdiocese of Winnipeg and the Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Winnipeg.
The changes or clarifications obtained by the Public Health Officer, Dr. Brent Roussin, and by the Provincial liaison person, affect churches in the following manner:
- Churches are closed to the public.
- No religious gatherings may take place, except for those being livestreamed.
- Weddings, funerals, and baptisms continue to be permitted, with a capacity of 10 people.
- Funerals can have 10 people in addition to the officiant under clear COVID-19 protection protocols.
- Weddings can have up to 10 people in addition to the officiant and a photographer or videographer.
- Communion may be distributed by only groups of 5 on the property at all times.