Relic of the True Cross at Holy Cross Parish
Holy Cross Parish (252 Dubuc Street) is currently celebrating 100 years since its church was built, with the cornerstone being laid on July 30th, 1922, and the first Mass being celebrated in the church on December 10th of the same year. Recently, on the weekend following the Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross on September 14, we celebrated a Veneration of the Cross after each weekend Mass, utilizing a beautiful cross which contains a relic of the True Cross of Christ.
A history of the early years of Holy Cross Parish states that “on the second Sunday on which Holy Mass was celebrated in the new church, Rev. Father Lambert made the important announcement that he had secured a relic of the True Cross”. We now keep this relic on display in a cabinet at the back of the church, or by the altar on special occasions. We can provide an opportunity for all to venerate the relic of the True Cross, which is a real treasure for our Parish. If this opportunity seems good to you, please contact Fr. Ani Xavier at 204-688-8633 or email@example.com personally or through the parish office at 204-237-7367 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we can make arrangements for this to come about. Winnipeg Catholic schools – teachers, staff members and students – are equally invited to make arrangement to take some time on a specific date and time to visit the church and spend a period of time in prayer.