Holy Cross Parish – COVID 19 UPDATE
Attached is a letter from your pastor, Fr. John McKenzie:
Here is a COVID 19 Quick Fact Sheet for your reference: COVID 19 Quick Fact Sheet
Holy Week Open Church Schedule
Monday : 7pm – 8pm – Rosary followed by private prayer
Tuesday: 7pm – 8pm – Rosary followed by private prayer
Wednesday: 7pm – 8pm – Rosary followed by private prayer
Thursday: Church will be open for adoration and private prayer 10:30am – 8pm
Friday: Church is open for private prayer from 8am – 12pm noon. Stations of the Cross: 9am & 11am
Please check the website often for changes and additions to this schedule.
Please remember that protocols will be followed which dictate that no more than 10 people are permitted to gather. We are exploring some type of booking system, but we do not currently have this in place.
The schedule will change for Holy Week with the addition of Eucharistic adoration, Stations of the Cross and Veneration of the Cross (from a distance of course).
If you have any questions about this schedule, do not hesitate to contact the parish office.
We will be making every effort to ensure this is done safely and according to the Diocesan and Health Department COVID 19 protocols.
Please observe the following:
- If you are feeling ill in any way – cough, fever, flu like symptoms, please stay home.
- Only 10 people will be allowed in the Church at a time.
- If you have traveled out of the country within the last month, please stay home.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entry with the sanitizer provided.
- Please seat yourself on one of the pieces of tape found on the benches.
- Please maintain a distance of at least 2 meters (6 feet) from every person.
Please visit out website regularly for updates on our Church openings as well as any changes to the current protocol.
***All Masses have been postponed until further notice.***
For more information, click on the link from the Archdiocese of St. Boniface, to read the updates regarding the protocol for COVID 19.
Click on the message from His Grace, Archbishop Albert LeGatt:
➡️IMPORTANT message from Archbishop LeGatt regarding the NEW archdiocesan protocol aiming to ensure the safety of all in the Archdiocese of St. Boniface, in light of the developing COVID-19 pandemic. Please keep all vulnerable peoples, the sick, healthcare workers, and other essential workers in your thoughts and prayers throughout these trying times. PLEASE SHARE.HIGHLIGHTS:➡️As of now, ALL PUBLIC MASSES (both Sunday and weekday) are CANCELLED in all Manitoban parishes, and will be such until the end of April. This includes Holy Week services. The situation will be re-assessed two weeks prior to the end of April, and after a new consultation and discernement, revised decisions will be communicated. ➡️Until the lift of this cancellation, archdiocesan Sunday masses will be celebrated every Sunday morning, and will be broadcast LIVE onto the Archdiocesan Facebook page (Archidiocèse de Saint-Boniface Archdiocese). Please join the larger archdiocesan spiritual community in prayer at the following times:9:00 – In French10:30 – In EnglishTo join, simply visit the archdiocesan Facebook page (Archidiocèse de Saint-Boniface Archdiocese) and tune in! It’s that simple!➡️Parishes are invited to remain open during the day Sunday, to allow the faithful to come for prayer and recollection. Priests are also encouraged to be available in their parish for counselling, reconciliation, and prayer.➡️Please visit the archdiocesan website (www.archsaintboniface.ca) and Facebook page (Archidiocèse de Saint-Boniface Archdiocese) for resources, prayers, and other tools to guide you through this difficult time.➡️Please visit the archdiocesan website and Facebook page tomorrow, Thursday, March 19th, to consult the new COVID-19 Archdiocesan protocol in all of its terms and details. **VISIONNEZ LA VIDÉO EN FRANÇAIS ICI: https://www.facebook.com/ArchSaintBoniface/videos/220194762692384/#COVID19
Posted by Archidiocèse de Saint-Boniface Archdiocese on Wednesday, March 18, 2020
New Adoration Chapel Policy-COVID 19
For the safety and protection of our Adorers, we are ONLY PERMITTING 4 PEOPLE IN THE CHAPEL AT A TIME.
If upon arrival there are 4 Adorers, come back at another time or wait outside in your car until someone leaves before entering.
Those who have an assigned time slot are encouraged to continue to attend. If there are already 4 Adorers, please wait until someone leaves.
Wash your hands before entering the Chapel and before you leave the Chapel.
These are challenging times and we ask for your cooperation in keeping our Chapel open during the crisis.
Parish Financials – COVID 19
There are ways to still continue to support the parish during this crisis:
- Direct Deposit
If you are currently not signed up and you would like to give your donations through this program, you can visit our website at holycrossparish.ca, download a direct deposit form (Direct Deposit Form), and mail the form to us by regular mail or email it at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us at 204-233-7367 or email@example.com. If you do not have a void cheque, please provide your bank account number, branch number and transit number.
- INTERAC e-Transfer
Email donations to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no fee to you or Holy Cross Parish for this service. Send an email to the same address (email@example.com) that includes:
- The answer to your security question.
- Where you would like your donation designated (i.e. regular donation, food depot, capital building fund, etc.).
- Be sure to include your full name and address for charitable tax receipts over $20.00.
- Mail your Offerings and donations (cheques only) payable to Holy Cross Parish. Post-dated cheques are accepted.
- Drop off your Offerings and donations in our mailbox.
- Give online at holycrossparish.ca Click on the “Give Online” tab, go under “Donation Methods” and “Online”.
- If you do not want to use PayPal and wish to use your credit card, then click on the link: https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=E342967QE&id=10 and you can donate to Holy Cross Parish on the Archdiocese of St. Boniface website.
- If you are visiting the Adoration Chapel, you can also drop in your offerings and donations in the box provided.
The following events at Holy Cross Parish which involve large gatherings are POSTPONED until further notice due to the COVID 19 situation:
- 1st Friday, 1st Saturday & 3rd Friday Devotion
- Children’s Atrium
- Baptism Preparation Session
- Family Stations of the Cross/Family Adoration
- Friends of the Holy Eucharist Gathering & Mass
- Lenten Penitential Service
- Medjugorje Prayer Group
- Men’s Group
- Novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- Potluck After the 12pm Mass
- Sacramental Prep Class
- St. Catherine’s Academy Homeschooling Group
- Stations of the Cross
- Youth Group
- CWL Soup & Sandwich Sunday (March 22)
- CWL Meeting (March 29)
Due to COVID 19, Holy Cross Parish Office is CLOSED.
If you require any services call 204-233-7367 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will arrange these services by phone, email or regular mail.