Confirmation is the last sacrament of initiation your child needs to receive. Confirmation is not just about checking off a box of Catholic things to do, it’s an important moment in your child’s faith formation. During Confirmation the Holy Spirit becomes activated in them and they become a full member of the Catholic Church. It is important that when you are signing up your child, that you include them in the discussion and ask them if they want to be confirmand.
We use a video-based program called Decision Point by Dynamic Catholic. It’s a 6-month program that talk about everything from being the best-version of yourself to the Holy Spirit. During the class your child will:
- Watch the corresponding videos that will help them grow in their overall faith.
- Answer discussion questions and share one of their answers.
- Have some quite time to pray to Jesus.
When discerning if your child is ready to receive the gift of Confirmation, please consider the following:
- Our classes are every first and third Saturday from 12:00pm to 2:00pm.
- We only accept youth who are between the ages of 12-14.
- It is highly recommended that you child is in some type of faith formation, such as a youth group, while they are preparing for the sacrament.
- The cost is $50.00, you can pay via check or cash and drop it off at the office.
- Tax receipts will not be issued.
- You will have to discern at least one sponsor:
- They will be presenting your child to the bishop, so it’s important that the sponsor is ready to journey with your child and do the necessary work to help them grow. Every month your child will receive ‘homework’ and part of that will be going over discussion questions with their sponsor.
- You may have 2 sponsors’ however only one is required. They must be Catholic and at least 16 years old. A parent cannot act as a sponsor.
- There will be a retreat closer to the date of confirmation that the sponsor will be required to attend with your child. This will happen on a weekend, and they will be informed of the date far in advance.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact Dominique via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at: 204-233-7367.
Registration is closed.
Our first class will be: November 5, 2022.
Tentative date for confirmation: Sometime in May.