First Communion and First Reconciliation
Sacramental Preparation Class
Sacramental Prep is a 6-month program to help prepare your child prepare to receive the sacraments of their First Communion and First Reconciliation. We follow a video-based program called Blessed by Dynamic Catholic. During the class your child will:
- Watch the corresponding videos to help them grow in their faith.
- Take time to pray and communicate with Jesus.
When discerning if your child is ready to receive these sacraments, please consider the following:
- Our classes are every first and third Saturday from 10:00am-11:30am.
- We only accept children in between the ages of 8-10.
- Your child must be in a catechetical program while preparing for the sacraments. This may include religion class at school, an atrium program like the one here at Holy Cross or a religion program at a different parish.
- Your child will receive some homework for every class. This consists of pages for you and them to go over and ‘simple acts’ that you can do to incorporate faith into daily living.
- There will be 2 retreats that your child and you are expected to come to. Those will happen on the weekend, and you will be informed of the date far in advance.
- The cost is $50.00; you can pay via check or cash and drop it off at the office.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact Dominique via email at: email@example.com or at: 204-233-7367.
Please hand in your First Communion and First Reconciliation Registration Form to the office no later than: September 19, 2022.
We will be having a parent meeting via zoom on: September 24, 2022, at 10:30am.
Our first class will be: October 8, 2022.
Tentative date your child will do their first reconciliation: Mid-March, during the retreat.
Tentative date your child will receive Holy Communion: End of April, after Lent.