Holy Cross Perpetual Adoration Chapel
Changes to the existing Public Health Orders took effect on Tuesday, December 21, 2021 and have been extended until February 1, 2022.
Please read the following carefully:
- The Adoration Chapel will remain open for 2 PEOPLE AT A TIME.
- The booking system has been discontinued.
- Please sign your name in the binder provided.
- Whoever is the 2nd adorer to arrive at the chapel, please turn the sign to say “Occupied” and slide the latch to lock the door, and whoever is the 1st adorer to leave, please turn the sign to say “Vacant” and slide the latch to unlock the door for the next adorer.
- If there are already 2 people inside, you must wait outside or in your car until the chapel is available. Do not wait in the foyer or the washroom.
- Face masks must be worn at all times in the chapel. Face shields may not be used as a substitute as a mask.
- Masks must be worn in a manner that covers their mouth, nose and chin without gapping.
- Please sanitize or wash your hands before you enter and after you exit the chapel.
- Use the spray provided to sanitize what you touch.
- We understand that this is a difficult time and things are not “normal”, however, we need to follow the new protocols to allow the chapel to remain open.
ANYBODY WHO JEOPARDIZES THE CHAPEL BY NOT FOLLOWING THE PROTOCOLS WILL RISK HAVING THEIR CARD DEACTIVATED.
If you or your group would like to participate in the one hour of Adoration, on a weekly basis, we invite you to contact the coordinator:
- John at 204-257-8353 or e-mail email@example.com.
Before you visit
To ensure your protection and safety, we have in place a security system (security card) that allows all registered Adorers 24-hour access, 7 days a week.
If you are visiting for the first time please obtain a security card by visiting the Parish Office during regular office hours to obtain one. The adoration card fee is $10.00 (exact change please as there is no debit/credit machine) to help cover the costs of maintaining the chapel.
If you are purchasing a security card for someone other than yourself, please make sure to have their contact information at the time you fill out the security card form.
Adoration team schedule
Please contact the relevant Day Captain if:
- You wish to sign up for a specific time on a certain day
- You are not able to make it for your regularly scheduled time and can’t find your own substitute
- Nobody arrives after your time in the chapel to replace you. Your Day Captain will try to find somebody to substitute as soon as possible. You can phone other Day Captains too.
- You have other concerns
If you have questions on the overall schedule administration, want to help out with the administrative work, or cannot reach your Day Captain, contact the Main Schedule Coordinator directly.
|Main Schedule Coordinator||John||204-257-8353|
|Sunday Day Captain||Erin||204-231-1017|
|Monday Day Captain||Charles||204-235-1725|
|Tuesday Day Captain||Dominique||204-254-4659|
|Wednesday Day Captain||Maria||204-663-8818|
|Thursday Day Captain||Susanne||204-257-8353|
|Friday Day Captain||Anita||204-930-8357|
|Saturday Day Captain||Vacant|