We want to welcome you and your families to Holy Cross Parish! We are here to provide you with the best possible preparation for this important sacramental step in your lives. Our wish is to support you through every step of the preparation process and to help you prepare the celebrations on your wedding day.
- A couple wishing to marry must contact Holy Cross Parish at least six to twelve months prior to the anticipated date of the wedding. This time frame allows the couple adequate time to plan and prepare for the Sacrament of Marriage.
- Engaged couples who wish to marry at Holy Cross Parish need to be registered parishioners unless they are already registered at another Parish.
- To be married in any Catholic Church, at least one member of the couple must be baptized in the Catholic Church.
- Both future spouses must be free to marry and there should not be any known impediments which may prevent the marriage from taking place.
- Arrange your first meeting with our parish priest, Fr. Ani Xavier, OFM Cap. Your initial meeting should take place shortly after you have booked your wedding date. At this first meeting, Fr. Ani Xavier, OFM Cap, will introduce himself, get to know you a little better and help walk you both through the steps of your preparation. To arrange this, please contact the parish office first at 204-233-7367 or email@example.com.
- Register for our Marriage Preparation (Couple Sponsorship) Program and Fertility Health Awareness Seminar. All Couples need to complete a marriage information (preparation) program. Engaged couples who are registered parishioners of Holy Cross Parish will complete marriage preparation through our Couple Sponsorship Program and must also attend the Fertility Health Awareness Seminar at the Archdiocese of Saint Boniface. The Marriage Preparation Process is complete once the couple has participated in the Marriage Preparation Course/Program AND has attended the Fertility Health Awareness Seminar. Please contact the parish office at 204-233-7367 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you have had your first meeting with Fr. Ani Xavier, OFM Cap, and we will make arrangements for the Marriage Preparation Session.
- Church Fee: $300.00 This fee must be paid when you book your wedding date. If there is a cancellation, you will be refunded.
- Musicians: $150.00 each This fee should be paid directly to them (and not to Holy Cross Parish). We encourage you to do this on your wedding day.
- Priest: The church fee includes a $100.00 stipend we give to the celebrating priest.